Sunday, July 28, 2013

Renewed

Today, I did basically nothing.
I relaxed. Something I realize I don't do enough of. 
In the busyness of life we forget how important rest is, we forget to slow down and enjoy the quite moments in life.  

I truly loved every minute of today.  I slept in late, read my devotion while drinking coffee, reorganized some things, laid in bed with my adorable little kitty, Sunny, and watched a movie with my wonderful father. 

I honestly can't remember the last time I had a day such as this.  
No where to go, nothing to do, no reason to put actual pants on ( I definitely spent my day in sweats). 

While yes, I most assuredly could have spent my day cleaning, worked out, or done who knows what else, I know I made the right choice to do what I did today.

So why is rest so vital to having a happy life?

It is so crucial in order to renew our minds, bodies and souls.  
Everything in this world can wear us down, set traps in our mind, exhaust our bodies, and we both know how easily the devil can plant doubts to ensnare our souls to be his.  

So rest, relax, and renew yourself.  
Even our Creator rested. 

"And on the seventh day God finished the work that he had done, 
and he rested on the seventh day from all the work that he had done. 
So God blessed the seventh day and hallowed it, 
because on it God rested from all the work that he had done in creation."
Genesis 2:1-3

If God saw the importance of rest, wouldn't it be just ridiculous for us to ignore it?
Last time I checked we were created in the image of The Lord, so we need to remember to allow ourselves to rest.  That is how we were made, work was created to glorify Him, but in order to work in such a way, we must be renewed.

Remember to stop, cherish the little moments, eat a piece of chocolate, take a bubble bath, listen to music, dance alone in your bedroom, sing at the top of your lungs in your car, watch the sunset, read the word of life often, pray always, and seek the King of Kings in all areas of your life.

Start Each Day Renewed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment